We use your personal data for many reasons, from understanding how our users engage with our website to informing our marketing.
These are the main reasons why we collect and use data about our users:
- To improve your experience on our site
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as subscriptions
- To carry out marketing analysis and send you communications when we have your permission, or when permitted by law
We think carefully about our use of personal data, and below you can find the details of what we do to protect your privacy. This policy covers, among other topics :
- Information about your rights and our obligations
- Clarity about our dealings with you and transparency about how we collect and use your personal data
- Commitments on how we protect your personal data
- Commitments on how we will facilitate your rights and respond to your questions.
We will continue to examine how we can provide more clarity to our users about our use of data.
Personal data is any information about you by which you can be identified. This can include information such as:
- your name, date of birth, email address, postal address, phone number, mobile number;
- debit card details;
- information about your device (such as the IP address, which is a numerical code to identify your device that can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based); and
- information relating to your personal circumstances and how you use our sites, apps and services.
Who we are and how to contact us
The data controller for our site is Hello@AmoWebDesigns.com. This means that we are responsible for deciding how and why we hold and use your personal data. If you want to contact us, you can find our contact details in the “How to contact us” section below.
What personal data we collect and how we use it
We collect personal data when you sign up for our services and when you browse our site. This information is used to provide our services, and analyse how visitors use our site.
The personal data we collect when you register for a Amo Web Designs account
When you register for our newsletter on AmoWebDesigns.com we collect:
- your name
- your email address
- your IP address – a numerical code to identify your device and which can provide information about the country, region or city where you are based;
- your browsing history of the content you have visited on our sites, including information on how you were referred to our sites via another website; and
- details of your devices, for example, the unique device ID, unique advertising ID and browsers used to access our content.
How we collect personal data
We collect personal data when you:
- registering for our newsletter on AmoWebDesigns.com;
- use mobile devices to access our content;
- access our sites, through cookies and other similar technology; and
- contact us via email.
Why we use your personal data
We use personal data collected through our sites and apps for a number of purposes, including the following:
- To provide the services you sign up for, such as sending out newsletters. We also use the personal data for related internal administrative purposes – such as our accounting and records – and to make you aware of any changes to our services.
- To carry out marketing analysis, for example we look at what you have viewed on our sites and apps and what products and services you have bought to better understand what your interests and preferences are, and to improve our marketing by making it more relevant to your interests and preferences.
- To improve our marketing communications, we use a similar technology to cookies to confirm whether you have opened a marketing email or clicked on a link in the email.
- For statistical purposes such as analysing the performance of our sites and apps and to understand how visitors use them.
- To respond to your queries and to resolve complaints.
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations.
Legal grounds for using your personal data
We will only use your personal data where we have a legal ground to do so. We determine the legal grounds based on the purposes for which we have collected and used your personal data. In every case, the legal ground is the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive marketing emails from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time. In the case of marketing emails you can withdraw your consent by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of the email.
Personal data that we receive about you from other organisations
Adding to or combining the personal data you provide to us
When you sign up to our services we may add to the personal data you give us by combining it with information shared with us by other trusted organisations. This includes, for example, information about the region that you are located in, so that we can improve the user experience of the website.
Information shared by third parties
When you subscribe to our newsletter or contact us, your registration data may be shared with a third party. The third parties used by this website are as follows:
Using children’s personal data
We do not aim any of our products or services directly at children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect personal data about children under 13.
Security of your personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational controls to protect your personal data against unauthorised processing and against accidental loss, damage or destruction. Unfortunately, sending information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data once with us, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal data sent to our site while still in transit and so you provide it at your own risk.
Who we share your personal data with
We do not share your personal data with other people or organisations that are not directly linked to us except under the following circumstances:
- We may share your data with other organisations that provide services on our behalf such as dealing with online payments and other forms of payment processing, ie credit card transactions and preventing fraud.
- We may reveal your personal data to any law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other organisation if we are required to do so to meet a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of anyone else.
Any organisations which access your data in the course of providing services on our behalf will be governed by strict contractual restrictions to make sure that they protect your data and keep to all data privacy laws that apply. We may also independently audit these service providers to make sure that they meet our standards.
We will not share your personal data with anyone else for their own marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do this.
Some of our webpages use social plug-ins from other organisations (such as the “Facebook Recommend” function, Twitter’s retweet function, Google+ function). These other organisations may receive and use personal data about your visit to our sites or apps. If you browse our site or view content on our apps, information they collect may be connected to your account on their site. For more information on how these organisations use personal data, please read their privacy policies.
International data transfers
Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the European Economic Area (EEA), we ensure similar protection and put in place at least one of these safeguards:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been found to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
- We may also use specific approved contracts with our service providers that are based in countries outside the EEA. These contracts give your personal data the same protection it has in the EEA .
- Where we use service providers in the United States, we may transfer personal data to them if they are part of the Privacy Shield scheme, which requires them to provide a similar level of protection of your personal data to what is required in the EEA.
If you are located in the EEA, you may contact us for a copy of the safeguards which we have put in place for the transfer of your personal data outside the EEA.
How long we keep your personal data
How we may contact you
From time to time we may send you service emails, for example, telling you your service is coming to an end.
If we have your permission, we may send you materials we think may interest you, such as new blog articles or related media. This will only be by email..
You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email.
Sometimes we may contact you for market research purposes, for example about a survey. You can decide not to receive these emails at any time and will be able to “unsubscribe” directly by clicking a link in the email (note, this will unsubscribe you from all communications via our newsletter).
Responding to your queries or complaints
If you have raised a query or a complaint with us, we may contact you to answer your query or to resolve your complaint.
Cookies and similar technology
When you visit our sites or when you use our apps, we may collect personal data from you automatically using cookies or similar technology. A cookie is a small file that can be placed on your device that allows us to recognise and remember you.
Advertising that we place on our site or on other sites
We use personalised online advertising to promote our own services. This means that you may see advertising for our services on other, third party websites, including social media platforms.
Your rights with regard to the personal data that we hold about you
You can contact us with regard to the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- If you would like to have a copy of the personal data we hold on you or if you think that we hold incorrect personal data about you, please email Hello@AmoWebDesigns.com We will deal with requests for copies of your personal data or for correction of your personal data within one month. If your request is complicated or if you have made a large number of requests, it may take us longer. We will let you know if we need longer than one month to respond. You will not have to pay a fee to obtain a copy of your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive.
- Where you have provided us with consent to use your personal data, you can withdraw this at any time.
- Where applicable, you may also have a right to receive a machine-readable copy of your personal data.
- You also have the right to ask us to delete your personal data or restrict how it is used. There may be exceptions to the right to erasure for specific legal reasons which, if applicable, we will set out for you in response to your request. Where applicable, you have the right to object to processing of your personal data for certain purposes.
If you want to make any of these requests, please contact Hello@AmoWebDesigns.com.
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity.
Contact us for information about how we use your personal data
If you have any questions about how we use your personal data or if you have a concern about how your personal data is used, please email Hello@AmoWebDesigns.com.
Complaints will be dealt with by the Data Protection Manager, and will be responded to within 30 days.
If you are not satisfied with the way your concern has been handled, you can refer your complaint to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
If you have a question about anything else, please email Hello@AmoWebDesigns.com.